South Yorkshire Skills Bank helps to grow businesses in our region by contributing towards staff training costs to support business growth and resilience. Funding available now for all businesses and industries in South Yorkshire.
What is South Yorkshire Skills Bank?
- South Yorkshire Skills Bank provides up to 60% funding towards training courses that will help your business grow - including bespoke and industry specific training. Find out more at: skillsbankscr.co.uk
- Skills Bank places the purchasing power for skills in your hands. You can choose your own training provider or choose a provider from: skillsbankscr.co.uk/training-categories
- Skills Bank is an important mechanism towards the overarching policy objectives of the South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority - to keep people and businesses developing and help them grow.
- The South Yorkshire Mayoral Combined Authority offers guidance and support, around Skills Bank funding and the wider regional skills landscape, through Skills Advisors.
What support can Skills Advisors provide?
- Review the training needs in your business
- Help you navigate the wider regional skills landscape including other funding sources to upskill staff
- Identify the specific training needs that fit within the scope of Skills Bank funding
- Advice and guidance to maximise your Skills Bank funding application.
Is my business eligible for Skills Bank?
- The employer must be based or operating in South Yorkshire. Applications are open to any size of business.
- Please note that mandatory, legally required or duty of care and License to Practice training is not supported.
- Third sector organisations can also be covered under the scope of the funding on a case-by-case basis, please contact your local Skills Advisor.
There is a FAQs section on the Skills Bank website with further information: skillsbankscr.co.uk/faq